Tiles act as a significant factor in the designing of any place as it sets the ambience and changes the overall finish. It has not one but many forms which are in different colour, designs and sizes. Installation of the former on a larger area needs to be performed under proper vigilance, effectually and consistently while, in a smaller area, it is much easier and smoother. This can be done with the help of skilled and proficient workers, however, in the present scenario, the same installation is being carried out by a robot which automatically installs them.
This work can be done by any specific skilled labour who knows the process and can fit different materials like ceramic, marble, or granite in order to enfold any exterior or interior surface like floors, balconies, patios, countertops etc. Once these surfaces get ready they need to be assembled as per the fitting, colour and patterns by a process referred as “dry fitting” before fitting them permanently by using a special adhesive, also referred as “thin set”. After the adhesive gets dry, the installer fills the empty spaces present in between the tiles with grout. All this is taken care of by manually along with some specific tools to accomplish this job. This whole process is taught to the tile installers through “on the job training” and later they become perfect with practice.
After having a first- hand knowledge of fitting tiles, it would be even more interesting to have a look at its benefits, disadvantages.
• There is a large assortment of the same available in the market in different colours, patterns and sizes which can be further used for installation.
• Majority of these are moisture and stain resistant so they are easy to maintain.
• No additional care is required.
• The installation is a cost-effective affair.
• Once the installation is over, the floor becomes very cold and stiff for the feet.
• Some fitting process could be heavy on pocket as these could be expensive as well.
• If a proper subflooring is not done prior to installing, there are chances of it getting chipped off.
• Few glossy ones when installed can be slippery when wet.
• If installation lasts for a very good time the grouting starts losing colour and becomes difficult to maintain.
• Some of them need yearly maintenance as well.
So, it can be easily inferred that tile installation is acquiring more impetus as it is much more affordable and easy to maintain than many other types of flooring which are much more durable but one needs to spend a mile in getting it done. This makes it the most sought-after vogue in the market.